Cream of broccoli is a favorite of mine, but when you order this out, it's loaded with fat. This slimmed down version is quick and easy to prepare. When I make this, everyone asks for more.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 ptsCalories: 184.9 • Fat: 7.9 g • Protein: 11.3 g • Carb: 20.6 g • Fiber: 7.4 g
- 3 15 oz cans fat free chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 1/2 cup milk (2 percent)
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 5 cups broccoli florets (head of 2 large bunches)
- ground black pepper to taste
In a medium sized stock pot, bring chicken broth, onions, carrots, garlic, and celery to a boil. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add broccoli, milk and pepper and cook, covered, 10 more minutes. Add sour cream and puree soup. Adjust pepper to taste and heat through over medium heat. Add cheddar cheese and serve.