In honor of Cinco de Mayo, try this fresh and healthy salsa recipe with tomatoes, peppers and onions goes great with chips, grilled fish, chicken and in tacos. This salsa is low in calories and fat. You can adjust the heat and any ingredients to suit your taste. If you can't find chile peppers, jalepeno peppers work great too.
Pico de Gallo Salsa
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 servings • Smart Points: 0
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 chile peppers, mild or hot, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (no stems)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl combine all ingredients. Let it marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour for best results.