Another great chili recipe! This one uses turkey and a whole lotta beans.
I loved this easy recipe topped with a little low fat cheddar, chopped red onion and cilantro. My brother gave me his recipe and insisted I use it for my blog. I am always looking for new, great tasting, low point recipes, so I made this and he was right, it was a winner and even better the next day. Prepare this the night before and turn it on in the morning. Have a great meal when you get home. This can easily be made vegan by eliminating the turkey. Here is how easy this is to make:
Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 10.8 oz • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 206.3 • Fat: 1.4 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Carb: 31.8 g • Fiber: 9.0 g
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot. Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
Cook on high 6-8 hours.
Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!