Easy weeknight dinner solution – grab some chicken, remove the skin, brush it with this Dijon-lime sauce and put it in the oven. I've been making this recipe for years using thighs until the USDA changed the calories and fat contact for thighs. Now I do this with drumsticks, you can use any parts you like.
While the chicken's cooking, grab a bag of lettuce, and top it with one of these delicious DeLallo SaladSavors® that make life so easy. These are the BEST, and come in 6 varieties with top quality ingredients. All you have to do is add some oil and vinegar, and you have an amazing salad in 5 minutes. My favorite is the Zesty which has marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and Asiago cheese pictured below.
And because I love you ALL so much, I've teamed up with DeLallo to bring you this awesome giveaway! One lucky winner will have a chance to win all SIX SaladSavors® PLUS....
- One (1) copy of the Skinnytaste Cookbook
- One (1) Hand-Dipped Walnut Bowl (Food52 Provisions)
- One (1) Pair of Orange Kate Spade Earrings
- One (1) Journal (TOMS Marketplace)
- One (1) of each kind of DeLallo SaladSavors® (six total)
- One (1) of each kind of DeLallo Whole Wheat Pasta
- One (1) 16.9 oz. bottle of DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One (1) 8.5 oz. bottle of DeLallo Balsamic Vinegar
- One (1) 8.5 oz. bottle of DeLallo Golden Balsamic-Style Vinegar
To enter fill out the rafflecopter below. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime
Adapted from Paula Deen
Servings: 4 • Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 172 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 26 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 518 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 96 mg
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed*
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, squeezed, and lime zest
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- dried parsley
Spray a large baking pan with a little Pam to prevent sticking since all the fat and skin was removed from chicken. Place chicken to fit in a single layer. Top the chicken with dried parsley. Bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Finish the chicken under the broiler until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
*nutrition based on 4 oz cooked meat
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. I only share products I use in my own kitchen. I created this recipe and received compensation to do so.