When you are in the mood for a vegetarian meal, this is a nice quick weekday dish. I like to use extra virgin olive oil, it gives this sauce a nice flavor. Top with good grated cheese and enjoy over high finer or whole wheat pasta.
Eggplant and Tomato Sauce
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 3/4 cup • Points +: 3 • Smart Points: 4
Calories: 127.6 • Fat: 7.2 g • Carb: 15.7 g • Fiber: 4.7 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Sugar: 5.1 g
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 28 oz can plum tomatoes including juice (I like Tuttorosso)
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- chopped herbs like basil and parsley
In a large deep frying pan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add eggplant and saute about 2-3 minutes. Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered about 15-20 minutes. Add fresh chopped herbs and toss with pasta (extra points).