Creamy goat cheese with crunchy sweet pecans and red beets topped with a honey balsamic vinaigrette is like a symphony in your mouth. This salad will make you look like a culinary whiz!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
I still have no power due to Hurricane Sandy so I thought I would re-post an older recipe from the archives. If you are without power, this doesn't require an oven and would be perfect for Meatless Monday.
Baby Greens with Goat Cheese, Beets and Candied Pecans
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 • Points +: 8 pts • Smart Points: 9
Calories: 267 • Fat: 19.5 g • Protein: 7 g • Carb: 19 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 14 g
Sodium: 211 mg
- 4 oz Chavrie goat cheese log
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 small red beets, cooked and cut*
- 2 oz glazed pecans (I used Emerald Pecan Pie)
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
Evenly divide greens between four bowls. Top each bowl with one beet, 1 oz goat cheese and pecans. Serve immediately.
* I boiled the beets in water until soft, but they can be roasted in the oven as well.