Shrimp salad on cucumber slices is perfect as an appetizer, snack or have it on bread for lunch!
I always keep Greek yogurt on hand to lighten up recipes that require mayonnaise. I combined the mayo with the Greek yogurt to keep it light and creamy and the results were delicious. This yields about 1 lb salad without the cucumbers.
Also great served on whole grain toast.
Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
As an Appetizer:
Servings: 30 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 0 pts • Points+: 0 pts
Calories: 15.7 • Fat: 0.4 g • Protein: 2.5 g • Carb: 0.5 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 lb salad, 1/4 cucumber • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 117.5 • Fat: 2.8 g • Protein: 18.8 g • Carb: 3.7 g • Fiber: 1.0 g
- 3/4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled (weight after peeled)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's)
- 1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- Seasoning salt or adobo seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 30 thin slices cucumber (about 1 large)
- chopped chives for garnish
Combine shrimp, celery, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, and season to taste with seasoning salt or adobo and pepper. Arrange cucumbers on a platter, season with salt and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad. Top with chopped chives for garnish.