Hi chocolate chips!
I’m Katie, of the blog: Chocolate-Covered Katie, and I’m so honored to be a guest on Gina’s blog. I love Gina because she shows that healthier food can taste incredible when it’s prepared the right way. On my own blog, I try to show this, too.
One exception: my blog is only desserts.
Just like Gina, I believe you shouldn’t have to sacrifice good taste in order to be healthy. And today, Gina asked me to share one of my “does not taste healthy” recipes that can be a breakfast or dessert: brownie batter pancakes. This recipe is also vegan AND can easily be made gluten free with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free flour mix!
Hope you enjoy!!
Brownie Batter Pancakes
Servings: 1 • Size: 6-8 silver-dollar pancakes • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 172 • Fat: 2.4 g • Carb: 32 g • Fiber: 6.7 g • Protein: 5.3 g • Sugar: 4.7
Sodium: 241.7 (without salt)
- 1/4 cup Bob's spelt flour (or all-purpose or for gluten free use Bob’s gluten-free ap flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder (or dutch cocoa)
- 1 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp nondairy milk of your choice
Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes! There are only 130 calories in this entire recipe. If you want a more substantial breakfast, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!! And if you’re feeling really crazy:
Try topping these with: Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip.
Cookie dough brownie batter pancakes… who knew such decadence could be healthy?!
Life is better with chocolate.
Please do stop by sometime, at Chocolate-Covered Katie, and say hi. I love meeting new blogger and reader friends!