Baked Shrimp Taquitos
Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying, and they come out perfect and crisp! The shrimp filling is SO good you’ll be tempted to eat it before you roll them up. I plan on making the filling again to use for shrimp tacos this week!
These are great as an appetizer, or serve them with salad and guacamole to make it a meal. I had two for lunch with salad and homemade guacamole and felt perfectly satisfied, although I would probably have three for dinner.
Baked Shrimp Taquitos
Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying, and they come out perfect and crisp!
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- 12 ounces peeled shrimp, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- olive oil spray (I use my Misto)
- jarred or homemade salsa verde, optional for dipping
- guacamole, optional for dipping
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook until thickened 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cilantro and cook medium high heat 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 large nonstick baking sheets with foil and spray with oil.
- Working in batches, place 3 to 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable. Place a tortilla on a clean, dry work surface and then spread about 3 tablespoons of shrimp filling onto the bottom third of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up from the bottom to surround the filling and once it’s rolled into a tube, place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, spray the tops with oil a pinch of salt then bake until tortillas start to get golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 245
- Total Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 98.5mg
- Sodium: 201.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 18g