Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Nova Lox
This Goat Cheese Herb Omelet topped with Nova Lox, sliced tomatoes and capers satisfies my bagel-and-lox craving, without the bagel! SO quick, takes about 5 minutes to make!
Living in NY, I often crave a bagel with cream cheese and Lox. So I was inspired to take some of the flavors and turn it into an omelet. The goat cheese reminds me of cream cheese, and the tomatoes, red onion and capers make the perfect addition for a delicious, protein-packed way to start the day! You could easily make this Whole30 or Paleo by omitting the cheese.
Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Lox
- cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/8th tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 ounce crumbled goat cheese,
- 2 thin slices heirloom tomato
- 1 ounce sliced Nova Lox
- a few sliced sliced red onion
- 1/2 tbsp capers, drained
- a few parsley leaves
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, chive, add salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with oil and pour the eggs. Cook until they set, about 2 to 3 minutes then top with goat cheese, then transfer to a plate. Top with sliced tomato, lox, red onion, capers, parsley and chives.
Yield: 1 Serving, Serving Size: 1 omelet
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 239
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 390mg
- Sodium: 813mg
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 21.5g