This recipe is from the cookbook Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites. Filled with beautiful photos and 100 fast, simple Asian recipes anyone can make on a busy weeknight.
Honey-Teriyaki Salmon with an Asian honey glaze is such and easy, flavorful dish you can make any night of the week. Simply fill a resealable bag with the marinade ingredients, add the salmon and marinate until you’re ready to cook.
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 3 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 3 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb fresh wild salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and honey in a resealable bag. Add the salmon and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Remove salmon, reserving the marinade. Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil. Sear salmon, 2 minutes per side. Turn heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Nutritional information for wild salmon provided by Heather K Jones, RD.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 filet
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 7
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 266
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 22.5g
Servings: 4 • Size: 3 oz cooked salmon • Points +: 7 pts • Smart Points: 7
Calories: 266 • Fat: 9.3 g • Protein: 22.5 g • Carb: 19 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 13 g
Sodium: 502 mg