Seattle Asian Salmon Bowl
These Asian Salmon Bowls are my new addiction!! Served over brown rice and topped with cucumbers, avocado and sprouts and drizzled with a soy-wasabi vinaigrette – SO good!
My friend Heather has been talking about these salmon bowls for as long as I know her. Finally I convinced her to do a guest post to share her sister’s recipe, and last night I decided to test it before sharing it here. Holy YUM!! It’s healthy and delicious, tastes like a dish you would order at an Asian restaurant. I know you’ll love it!
Hi there, I’m Heather. I’m a dietitian, a nutrition consultant for Skinnytaste, and the founder of Smaller Size Bigger Life an online coaching program for women who struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, overeating, or body image issues.
I’m so thrilled to share my sister’s salmon recipe here on Skinnytaste (thank you, Gina!).
My sister Lori and I have always shared a love of cooking (and our sister Cyndi has always enjoyed eating our creations!). Lori and I swap recipes, spend hours browsing farmers markets, share cookbooks, and talk about bacon the way some women talk about shoes. We just really, really love food!
Some of my happiest memories with Lori are in the kitchen – we slice, dice, and taste while we laugh, chat, and connect. And while I really enjoy cooking, Lori is the true family food superstar. If Lori’s in the kitchen, you just know the end result will be awesome!
We live in Seattle so naturally salmon is a regular on the menu, and this Asian Salmon Bowl is one of Lori’s signature everyday dishes. It’s healthy, it’s tasty, and it’s ready in a snap.
I’m incredibly grateful for my two sisters – they’re pretty amazing. I hope you enjoy Lori’s recipe as much as I do!
Seattle Asian Salmon Bowl
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 4-ounce avocado, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup sprouts such as daikon radish
- 1 strip nori, shredded
- 16 ounces wild salmon, cut in 4 pieces
- olive oil spray
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Heat rice and keep warm.
- Season salmon with a pinch of salt and fresh pepper. Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan lightly with oil spray.
- When hot sear salmon, around 2 - 4 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Split rice into four bowls equally, 1/2 cup each.
- Top each bowl with 1 oz avocado, green onions, cucumbers, sesame seeds, and sprouts.
- Place salmon on top of each bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and sprinkle with shredded nori.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 10
- Points +: 10
- Calories: 395
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Protein: 27g