Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
These Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts taste like mini pizzas, a fun Superbowl appetizer if you’re having friends over!
You may recall me mentioning I am guest posting for Better Homes and Gardens blog, Delish Dish this month! I’m really enjoying testing out some of their recipes and adding my own spin.
These are really simple to make, using only a handful of ingredients: frozen puff pastry, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil. I didn’t change their recipe much, my only changes to make them a bit lighter was to use shredded part skim mozzarella in place of slices of fresh mozzarella, and I used a little less than the original recipe called for. My husband was home when I was making them and he LOVED them!
You can easily double this recipe to make more if you’re feeding a crowd.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (I uses 4.5 oz total)
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large OR 2 SMALL roma tomato, thinly sliced (9 slices)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 9 small fresh basil leaves
To see the full original recipe, click here…