Shrimp cooked with tomatoes, a touch of cream, white wine and a hint of lemon. This pasta dish is so simple to make and is ready in about 15 minutes, perfect for a weeknight meal.
The lemon juice adds a nice touch and compliments the shrimp. This is also great over spaghetti squash for a low-carb or gluten-free meal.
Angel Hair with Shrimp and Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, whole wheat, low carb or high fiber
- Boil water for pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and oregano.
- Cook shrimp and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper and cook an additional minute.
- Add half and half and cook 1 more minute.
- Add lemon juice and parsley and serve over pasta.
- Divide equally in 4 plates.