Poached eggs, asparagus, fresh cracked pepper and shaved Pecorino Romano over tri-colored pasta. This simple vegetarian pasta dish is ready in less than 15 minutes; a perfect meal for less than $10, but don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish!
The egg yolks make a lovely sauce over pasta combined with quality ingredients like seasonal asparagus, Pecorino Romano, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Serve this for lunch or dinner; you can easily make this for one or up to as many servings as you need.
For a low-carb, gluten-free dish perfect for breakfast or brunch, try Steamed Asparagus with Poached Eggs.
Asparagus and Poached Eggs over Pasta
- Cut asparagus on an angle to one-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to instructions for al dente.
- Two minutes before pasta is done, ADD asparagus.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta and asparagus in colander.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Drain pasta then add back to pot along with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Divide pasta among four bowls, top with poached egg, shaved cheese, fresh cracked pepper and salt if desired.
- To eat, break the yolk and mix well with pasta, top with additional cheese if desired and enjoy!!