Asparagus Salad with Egg, Bacon and Dijon Vinaigrette
This is my FAVORITE Asparagus Salad is made with no lettuce, just asparagus, bacon and hard boiled egg with a Dijon Vinaigrette.
Asparagus Salad with Egg and Bacon
I’ve been making this Asparagus salad for years, it never gets old! It’s the perfect Spring salad made with just a few simple ingredients – asparagus, hard boiled egg and bacon tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette. I usually eat this for lunch but this would also work as a side dish for Easter.
This is one of my go-to salads this time of year. Asparagus and eggs are a match made in heaven, but not just for breakfast, it’s great for lunch too! I always keep hard boiled eggs on hand in my fridge to use throughout the week, therefore this salad came together in less than 10 minutes. And did you know you can also make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer?
Helpful Tips for making Asparagus Salad:
- Double or triple the recipe for meal prep.
- You can keep it refrigerated 4 to 5 days.
- Multiply the recipe to bring it to a potluck and serve it in a large bowl.
- Eating seasonal means it’s inexpensive to make.
- Perfect for low-carb diets, gluten-free and Paleo diets
Steam Asparagus in the Microwave
Another way to steam asparagus is in the microwave, just place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 2 to 3 minutes, no need to cover or add water.
How To Make Asparagus Salad with Bacon and Egg
Do you follow me on tiktok? Here’s a video I shared of this recipe
More asparagus recipes you will love:
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus and Caramelized Onion Tartlets
Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
- 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon, check labels for Whole30
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, check label for Whole30
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!