3-Ingredient Baked Bananas
Baked Bananas are the perfect, healthy dessert. They taste decadent, like bananas foster without all the butter and extra calories.
I love the simplicity of this Baked Bananas recipe, which is a great way to use up ripe bananas. Topped with honey and cinnamon, the bananas smell amazing as they bake. They’re perfect for dessert, snack, or even breakfast. Delicious served with whipped cream, fro-yo, chopped nuts, or oatmeal. For more ways to use up ripe bananas, try Banana Foster Crepes, Banana Zucchini Cake, and Banana Nut Bread.
These bananas are so creamy and decadent – you’ll swear there’s butter in them! Besides the bananas, there are only two other ingredients: honey and cinnamon. The riper the better for this recipe! Top the bananas with cinnamon and honey, cover with foil, and bake for 10-15 minutes. It’s that easy! I like to serve them with a little Halo Top or whipped cream, but totally optional.
Since bananas are naturally sweet, they are an excellent choice for a healthy dessert. They are rich in potassium, which plays an important role in decreasing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. Bananas are also high in vitamin B6 and C.
How to Serve Baked Bananas
There are so many different ways that you can eat these sweet baked bananas. Below are some of my favorites, but feel free to get creative! I’d love to know what you come up with – comment below!
- Eat with a light vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Top with whipped cream, raisins, or chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts on them for some crunch.
- Top Greek yogurt and granola and eat for breakfast.
- Sub the honey for maple syrup.
- Add a dash of nutmeg or cardamom to the bananas.
More Banana Recipes You’ll Love:
- Bananas Foster-Topped Overnight French Toast
- Baked Oatmeal with Pears, Bananas, and Walnuts
- Maple Pecan Banana Muffins
- 4-Ingredient Flourless Banana-Nut Pancakes
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Arrange banana on an oven safe dish or foil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and honey.
- Cover tight with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how soft you like them.
- Enjoy as is, or (optional) add some whipped cream or light ice cream on the side.