This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Baked or made in the air fryer, these healthy sweet potato fries are made with a fraction of the oil that would be used if deep frying. They are so much lighter, with the perfect balance of spicy, smoky and sweet. A keeper of a sweet potato recipe!
Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Whether you make them in the oven, or in the air fryer, the results are fantastic. If you prefer milder fries, swap the chipotle for chili powder.
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Baked or air-fried, these healthy sweet potato fries are made with a fraction of the oil that would be used if deep frying. They are so much lighter, with the perfect balance of spicy, smoky and sweet.
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 6 oz
- 1 medium sweet potato, (about 6 ounces) peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet. Avoid crowding so potatoes get crisp. Bake 15 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Ovens may vary so keep an eye on them and be sure to cut all the potatoes the same size to ensure even cooking.
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice the potato into even 1/4 inch thick fries. Toss with oil, salt, garlic powder, and chipotle chile powder.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket, spritz the top with olive oil then cook 400F in a single layer without overcrowding the basket until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 7 to 8 minutes, turning half way.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 6 oz, Calories: 223 kcal, Carbohydrates: 42 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 309 mg, Fiber: 5.5 g, Sugar: 7 g
135 comments on “Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries”
Amazing thanks trying cook healthy
Maybe slice them a little thinner?
I love sweet potatoes and this recipe for sweet spud fries has deepened my love. Spicy but not overpowering, crunchy, Delish. Making tonight for first spring grill out – also delicious ST turkey burger with zucchini .
Made these and there were DELISIOUS… just wondering what is the sauce in the picture? I want to try it.
I believe it’s her Skinny Ranch Dip! That’s what I use, and I add a little Hidden Valley Ranch mix to it 🙂
Hello! I just joined WW. Do these recipes apply to the new smart points system? Love ALL your recipes, especially this one!! Just want to make sure I’m calculating correctly 🙂
Have you tried an air fryer to make sweet potato “fries”? Thanks!!
These were AMAZING. I've never cooked with chipotle before. I used flakes because I didn't have powder but it still ended up ridiculously delicious. It was so so easy to make too!
I made these last week and it was my first time making sweet potato fries at home. They were AMAZING! I plan on making them again this week!
I make my sweet potato fries the same way, except I use madras curry powder and serve with a side of sriracha or harissa ketchup. My boyfriend is crazy about them. I'm trying to figure out what would be good with these since we usually only make them when I have a craving and I eat them all by themselves (and maybe share with the cats.)
I literally eat sweet potatoes everyday! I can't wait to add Chipotle!
Can I cut raw sweet potatoes into fries and freeze them to bake later on? And if so, how long would I bake them for frozen? I really want to be able to just portion them and freeze them raw and then bake them whenever I want to eat them.