This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Baked eggs with spinach is a healthy breakfast to start the day. Baked in the oven with baby spinach, shallots and Asiago cheese.
Baked Eggs with Spinach
Crazy Spring weather we are having… it’s hot, cold, warm, cold again! Today there’s a slight chill in the air and the wind is whistling through my windows. More baked breakfast recipes I love to make when the weather is cool are Spinach Ricotta Quiche, Breakfast Pizza and Asparagus Pancetta Potato Hash.
- Cheese: If you don’t have Asagio cheese you can use Parmesan cheese or even feta cheese.
- Greens: You can use any leafy green vegetable you desire, kale or chard would also make great options. I’ve also used frozen organic spinach in a pinch and it works out just fine.
- Stove top version: If you want to do this all on the stove, you can easily make 4 wells in the wilted spinach in a large pan and drop the eggs into each one, then cover and cook on low until the eggs are set.
Baked Eggs with Wilted Baby Spinach
Perfect cool Spring morning to turn my oven on for this simple baked eggs breakfast with wilted baby spinach. High in vitamin A, C, Folate, Manganese and Potassium.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 egg
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 1/2 lb baby spinach, large stems removed
- 4 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp shredded Asagio cheese
- baking spray
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray four oven-safe dishes or ramekins with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, shallots and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in Asagio cheese and remove from heat.
- Divide the wilted spinach among the oven-safe dishes, making a well in the center of each.
- Break an egg into each dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the ramekins on one or two rimmed baking sheets and bake until the whites are set and the yolks are firm around the edges but still soft in the center, about 17 minutes or to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Adapted from Baked Eggs with Cream on Williams Sonoma.
Serving: 1 egg, Calories: 152.5 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.9 g, Protein: 12.2 g, Fat: 9.3 g, Saturated Fat: 2.8 g, Cholesterol: 190 mg, Sodium: 244 mg, Fiber: 3.7 g, Sugar: 0.7 g