Not sure what to do with all your leftover turkey? Baked turkey croquettes are the perfect way to use up your leftover holiday turkey!
Baked Turkey Croquettes
Thanksgiving leftovers get repurposed with these delicious baked turkey croquettes, a favorite of mine. Leftover turkey gets mixed with mashed potatoes and herbs, breaded and baked in the oven. I love them with leftover gravy and some veggies on the side. And if you still have more turkey leftover, try this Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata or Turkey Noodle Soup!
My Mom always made turkey croquettes with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Only difference was she deep-fried hers. I was hoping to make them lighter, so I decided to try baking them in the oven instead. And and the results? Amazing. We didn’t even miss the fried ones.
The key to success is to spray them generously with oil before baking so the crumbs get golden. After I top them with some turkey gravy or chicken gravy and serve it with a vegetable on the side. Dinner is done!
These also make great appetizers. You could substitute chicken breast for turkey if you wish to make them anytime of the year. Enjoy!
What is a croquette?
Potato croquetttes are small finger foods, usually fried and rolled in breadcrumbs. They’re made of mashed potatoes, veggies and eggs mixed with any meat like ham, chicken, veal, turkey, beef, shellfish, fish, etc. Often times perfect for any leftover meat and served at holiday parties.
Try These Leftover Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Leftover Turkey Harvest Cobb Salad
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Leftover Turkey Cuban Sandwiches
Baked Turkey Croquettes
- 12 oz cooked turkey breast, chopped fine (a food processor or chopper is great for this)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- olive oil spray
- leftover turkey gravy for serving, optional
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, and onions in oil over low heat. Add parsley, salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add turkey, and remaining broth, mix well and shut heat off.
- Add turkey to mashed potatoes and using your clean hands mix well. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Measure 1/4 cup of mixture then form into croquettes. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Dip each croquette in egg mixture, then breadcrumbs and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet for easy cleanup. Spray generously with olive oil (about 1 tbsp worth). Bake in the oven about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Optional, serve with leftover turkey gravy.