These protein packed Chicken Parmesan Rolls (also know as chicken rolls) are wrapped in my easy pizza dough with marinara and mozzarella cheese, so good!
Chicken Parmesan Rolls
Here on Long Island, you can find Chicken Rolls or Chicken Parm Rolls in just about any pizzeria. It’s basically chicken Parmesan wrapped in pizza dough. They’re usually made with breaded fried chicken cutlets, which makes them anything but light. To make it healthier I used grilled organic chicken breast and my homemade yogurt pizza dough instead. These rolls turned out amazing – even my husband, who orders these all the time, agreed. If you like this you may want to try my Pizza Sausage Rolls.
I teamed up with Stonyfield Organic to create this recipe. I always keep a few containers of Stonyfield Organic Plain Greek Yogurt to make bagels, pizza dough, etc. Their yogurt is super thick which works perfect in my pizza dough and I love adding the extra protein. I’ve been dying to test out these chicken rolls, a childhood favorite of mine and they exceeded my expectations.
These tasty, chicken roll-ups are so easy to make, a hit with the kids or adults. Serve them for lunch or dinner with marinara sauce on the side for dipping. They are loaded with protein which keeps you full longer, just pair them with a mixed green salad to complete the meal.
Note: I have not tested these with gluten-free flour, but I have successfully made the bagels with cup4cup, so I am sure it will work. You may have to add five more minutes to the baking time.
How To Store
Leftovers will hold in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. These rolls would also be excellent to freeze after baking and pull out later for a quick meal. To bake, thaw the night before and reheat in the oven for about five minutes until warm. You can also bake them from frozen and just cook them longer.
More Chicken Parmesan Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan Rolls
For the dough:
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting (5 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Stonyfield non-fat Greek yogurt, not regular, drained if there’s any liquid
For the filling:
- 8 ounces organic grilled chicken breast, sliced (abut 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
For the egg wash:
- 1 large egg
- sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until smooth, not lumps. The dough will be tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Preheat the oven 425F. Line a sheet pan with a silicone mat.
Assemble the rolls:
- Divide into 4 equal balls, about 3-3/8 ounces each.
- Lightly sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out into thin rounds, 7 inches in diameter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of marinara down the center of the circle in a strip, top with 1/2 cup of the chicken (2 oz) 1 tablespoon more marinara sauce and 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold the right side of the dough over the top of the chicken then repeat with the left side.
- Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden, 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stonyfield. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.