This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I love everything stir fry! Here is a great shrimp recipe with a little heat. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the chili pepper, if you like heat, you can add as much as you like.
Chili Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 /4
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, use tamari for gluten free
- 1 tsp sherry
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together soy sauce, sherry and ginger; set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tsp sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns white, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok.
- When oil is hot, add asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic.
- Add peppers and stir another minute.
- Add shrimp back into the wok.
- Pour sauce over everything and mix another minute.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /4, Calories: 148.6 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8.9 g, Protein: 21.3 g, Fat: 3.2 g, Sodium: 494.8 mg, Fiber: 2.9 g, Sugar: 1.2 g