Satisfy your chocolate craving with these delicious, easy chocolate crepes filled with strawberries and cream. The perfect breakfast or dessert!
One of my daughter’s favorite breakfast are crepes! Here I took my homemade crepe recipe and added cocoa powder to give them a chocolate flavor. I filled them with strawberries and cream and they came out great.
- The batter can be kept in a container for about 4 days. I always make a batch on weekends, then make 2 crepes each morning fresh for Madison which takes just minutes to make.
- You can make the crepes ahead, place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap then reheat a few at a time in the microwave.
- For an added nutritional benefit you can use white whole wheat flour in place of all purpose flour.
- Swap dairy milk with any milk you like.
Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp oil
- butter flavored spray
- 24 medium strawberries, sliced (2 in each crepe)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free cool whip
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup to serve
- Blend flour, milk, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, eggs and oil until smooth in the blender.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with buttered flavored spray to coat bottom of pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown.
- Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining buttered flavored spray and crepe mixture.
- To serve, spoon 2 tbsp whipped cream into center of each crepe.
- Top with strawberries and fold each edge of crepe over filling.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and top with 1 tbsp chocolate syrup on each. Serve warm.
- Batter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.