This chocolate ricotta mousse is so rich and creamy, it’s a deliciously light way to satisfy anyone’s chocolate craving. Perfect for Valentine’s Day or simply dessert on any day.
More special occasion or Valentine’s day dessert recipes you may enjoy are Mixed Berry Pie, Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta, Red Velvet pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle and Valentine’s Day Cake Balls. You can also check out this full list of Valentine’s Day recipes.
I love January magazine issues because they all get light after the holidays. This chocolate ricotta mousse recipe from Everyday Food caught my attention as I was looking for something to satisfy my chocolate craving. All I can say is wow! I topped mine with some fat free whipped cream and literally licked the bowl clean!
Be sure to make this ahead of time, as it requires some time to chill in the refrigerator before you can eat it. Delicious Martha!
Chocolate Ricotta Mousse
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor (or blender should work) blend ricotta and cocoa powder until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place egg whites, sugar, salt in a medium heatproof mixing bowl (metal) and place bowl on top of a pot of simmering water.
- Cook and whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is warm, about 3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and beat with an electric mixer on high, until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg white mixture into the bowl with ricotta until well combined.
- Divide into 6 6 oz ramekins or small bowls and refrigerate at least 3 hours.