Deviled eggs are perfect for Easter, holidays and summer backyard gatherings. This classic recipe is easy and delicious!
Classic Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are such a classic and perfect if you’re looking for an inexpensive, low-carb appetizer or snack. Really popular if you’re looking for something that’s Keto friendly. And if you want to try some deviled egg recipes with a twist, you may also like these Instant Pot Deviled Eggs which are slightly different, Deviled Guacamole Eggs and Deviled Tuna Eggs.
How Do You Boil Eggs So They Peel Easy?
- I personally think the easiest way to peel eggs is making them in the pressure cooker, see this recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs, they literally pop out of their shells. You can see my recipe for Easy To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs here.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, make sure your eggs aren’t too fresh. Eggs are easier to peel when they are at least 10 days old.
- For best results, once the eggs are cooked, transfer them to a medium bowl with ice and peel your eggs right after they are cool enough to handle. Fully chilled eggs will not peel well. You can peel your eggs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator.
- Add your favorite relish
- Add chopped dill pickles
- Top them with chopped bacon before eating
How Far In Advance Can You Make Deviled Eggs?
Make Ahead: You can make the eggs up to 2 days in advance. Keep the whites and egg yolk filling separate and wrap the egg white halves tight with plastic wrap. Keep the egg yolk filling refrigerated in a resealable plastic bag.
- A star-tipped piping tip (affiliate link) will give you the prettiest eggs, but if you don’t have one you can simply use a ziplock bag with the end snipped off.
More Egg Recipes You May Like:
- Lentil and Rice Bowls with Eggs and Bacon
- Tuna Egg Salad
- Asparagus Salad with Eggs and Bacon
- Protein Egg Quinoa Jars
- Guacamole Deviled Egg
Classic Deviled Eggs
- 4 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 2 tablespoon light mayonnaise, regular for Keto
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- paprika, for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Use the Stove Top Hard Boiled Egg cooking method or the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg method to cook your eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to the yolks and mash.
- Transfer them to a plastic bag, snip the corner and pipe them into the egg whites.
- Top with chopped chives and paprika.