Lazy Stuffed Mushrooms have all the deliciousness of stuffed mushrooms without all the work! An easy side dish you can serve any night of the week!
Lazy Stuffed Mushrooms
These lazy stuffed mushrooms make a delicious side dish! They are so quick and easy to make, they are sure to become your new favorite side. Serve them with chicken, air fryer pork chops or a roast beef. For more mushroom ideas try these garlic butter mushrooms or these spinach and bacon stuffed mushrooms.
My friend Liz of the Lemon Bowl gave me a review copy of her eCookbook, Food From Our Ancestors: The Ultimate Italian Sunday Dinner, a series featuring ethnic recipes passed down over the generations. Liz created this as a way to share family dishes with her children and the generations after them. This ecookbook fetures recipes like Eggplant Parmesan, Pasta e Fagiole, Sunday Gravy for only $3.99.
I was intrigued by these mushrooms and boy am I glad I made them! These might have been the best tasting mushrooms I’ve ever had. I had to slightly tweak the original recipe to keep them on the lighter side but I promise, they were wonderful and will be a new regular in my house!
More Mushroom Recipes
- Garlic butter mushrooms
- Spinach and bacon stuffed mushrooms
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Mushroom Risotto
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
Dina's Tossed Mushrooms
- 1 pound white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Slice off the bottom of the stems; then, use a moist paper towel to gently remove any dirt from mushrooms.
- Quarter or halve the mushrooms, depending on the size.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish then place mushrooms in a single layer on top of the water.
- In a small bowl combine next six ingredients: breadcrumbs through salt/pepper. Spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil then sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil then spray the top with a little more olive oil spray so it's evenly coated. Bake uncovered until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes. Optional, broil 1 to 2 minutes until golden. Serve hot or warm.