Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is a summer staple in my house! Basically a caprese made with juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic and balsamic, a delicious weeknight meal!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is a summer staple in my house. We love it in the summer when tomatoes are the ripest – they’re definitely the star of the show. To quote my husband, “You could serve this over cardboard, and it would be good!” For more healthy bruschetta recipes, try Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil, Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger, and Grilled Salmon with Avocado Bruschetta.
What is Bruschetta Chicken?
Bruschetta in Italian is an antipasto made of grilling bread, rubbed with garlic, and topped with olive oil and salt. Tomatoes and other toppings are often added like this simple tomato mixture that I served over grilled chicken. This recipe takes a classic Italian appetizer and turns it into a main dish.
How to Prep Ahead
Make the tomato mixture the night before or early in the morning and let all the flavors marinate. Then when you are ready to eat, grill the chicken for a quick weeknight meal.
What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken
Serve Bruschetta Chicken with some crusty bread to soak up the juices, or just have it over a big salad or some zoodles. Some other side dish ideas are:
- Corn On The Cobb
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Tomato Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Grilled Zucchini
- Orzo Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Pasta Salad
- For a dairy-free recipe, omit the cheese.
- Swap vine ripe tomatoes for cherry tomatoes.
- Sub balsamic for red wine vinegar.
- If you don’t have a grill, use a grill pan instead.
- Serve over your favorite white fish or shrimp.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- California Grilled Chicken Avocado Mango Salad
- Caesar-Marinated Chicken Kabobs with Zucchini and Grilled Romaine
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (omit for whole30, paleo)
- 1.25 lbs 8 thin sliced chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.