Grilled chicken topped with spinach, melted mozzarella and roasted peppers – a quick and easy chicken dish your family will love!
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Mozzarella
This chicken breast recipe is made with satuteed garlicky spinach and melted mozzarella. Perfect for those hot days, no need to turn your oven on, you can do this all outside on the grill! A few more grilled chicken recipes I love are Grilled Chicken Shawarma, Korean Grilled Chicken and Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables.
What is the best way to grill chicken?
If you’re doing this on the grill, make sure to have the sauteed spinach and peppers ready. First grease the rack with non stick spray or oil. Then turn on the grill on and let the grill (or grill pan) get hot. Once it’s hot, place the chicken breasts and let stand until there are grill marks and chicken has browned. Then flip and do the same. This is anywhere between 2-5 minutes per side depending on it’ thickness. You can turn the grill off, top with sauteed spinach and mozzarella and let stand for a minute or 2 with the grill closed to let the cheese melt.
You can make this with skinless chicken thighs as well. Just trim the fat and adjust cooking time, thighs take a bit longer.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Mango Salad
- Grilled Chicken Summer Salad with Strawberries, Spinach and Feta
- Korean Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Lettuce Slaw and Cotija Cheese
- Houston’s Grilled Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella
- 24 oz 3 large chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz frozen spinach, drained
- 3 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced in strips (packed in water)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a grill or grill pan with oil. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic, sauté a 30 seconds, add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, divide spinach evenly between the 6 pieces and place on top. Top each with 1/2 oz mozzarella, roasted peppers and bake until melted, about 3 minutes.