This is the Best Guacamole Recipe and it’s so easy and simple to make with only 5 ingredients! Serve it with chips, tacos, tostones and more!
What to know how to make guacamole? This easy guacamole recipe is always on rotation in my house made with haas avocados, red onion, cilantro and lots of lime juice! Plus his secret ingredient, a little fresh garlic for some extra zing!! It made with just 5 ingredients and it’s the BEST! A staple at every gathering and a must when we have taco nights! Tommy is always in charge of making the guac, and he has converted many non-avocado lovers with this recipe.
How to make guacamole:
- Start with perfectly ripe avocados. If it’s too hard, or over-ripe, the results will be less than stellar.
- The trick is to a good guacamole is leave large chunks of avocado; don’t puree or mash them thoroughly.
- Having the perfect balance of lime juice, red onion and salt is essential.
- If you like it spicy, you can certainly add some diced jalapeño, some people also like to add diced tomato which is fine, but we like it just like this!
Tips For Making Guacamole Ahead:
- Guacamole really is best when made fresh. But, if need to make it a little ahead of time, put the pits in the bowl with it, along with some cut up lime wedges and cover it tightly with plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole.
- Adding extra lime juice help prevent browning.
- I recommend making it the same day, but if you must this should keep 1 day. If the top browns, scrape the top off and the rest should be green.
Is Guacamole Healthy?
Avocados may be high in fat, but they have the good essential healthy fats which we should consume every day. They are also high in fiber, rich in vitamin B, E and K and have 60 percent more potassium than bananas.
What to serve with Guacamole
Guacamole is great with baked tortilla chips, lentil chips, Air Fryer Tostones, chicken fajitas, or even on a wrap in place of mayonnaise. Sometimes we even make guacamole turkey burgers.
More Avocado Recipes
- Avocado Fries
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Avocado
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Chicken Avocado Soup
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Best Guacamole Recipe
- 15 oz pitted and halved avocados, from 3 medium hass
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Make the guacamole: Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- If you are serving this at a later time: a great tip to keep the guacamole from turning brown is to cover tightly with plastic wrap so no air gets on it.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Avocado Obsessed
- Budget Friendly Meals
- Cinco De Mayo
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free Recipes
- Gluten Free
- Healthy Snacks
- Keto Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Latin Recipes
- Lenten Friendly Recipes
- Low Carb
- Party Apps
- Skinny Dips
- Super Bowl Recipes
- Under 30 Minutes
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetarian Meals
- Whole 30 Recipes
92 comments on “Best Guacamole Recipe”
Hm,.. amazing post ,.. just keep the good work on!
Any tips on how to pick fresh avocados? Mine always seem to be rotten when I cut into them; wonder if it is because they get frozen during transport?
This was a very easy recipe full of flavor.
another way to prevent darkening of the guacamole is to cover a the top with a small amount of water before refrigerating. the next day pour off the water without stirring the guac. it is as fresh as if you just made it. I have done this several days in a row and it is till perfect each time.
Thanks for sharing!
I really enjoy this recipe, very tasty, super easy to make.
I put the onion, garlic, and cilantro in our food processor and buzz 5-6 times. It releases all sorts of goodness and saves me time chopping! Love, love, love this guac!