These Healthy 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies are so easy, perfect for using up those rip bananas sitting on your counter!!
3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Let’s not mistake these healthy banana oat cookies for traditional cookies, these are best eaten right out of the oven! They are soft and chewy, and so delicious!! Think banana nut bread only as a cookie. You can even eat them for breakfast or enjoy them as a snack or dessert. I’ve also created variations of these banana oatmeal cookies, try these Chocolate Chip Healthy Oat Cookie, and my PB & J Healthy Oat Cookie.
These banana oatmeal cookies are best right out of the oven, they are chewy and soft – just how I like my cookies! You can also make them as a two ingredient cookie, but walnuts and bananas are my favorite combination. Walnuts are nutrient-rich, they provide good fat, protein, fiber, and manganese, plus magnesium, iron, calcium, and B vitamins.
I’m always anxiously awaiting my bananas to get super ripe so I can make these cookies, which I have been making for years. I’ve made them with Chocolate Chips, and PB & J. You can try them with almonds, raisins, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, craisins and more!
They are also great for egg free, dairy free, gluten free (use gf oats), vegetarian, and vegan diets.
- Your bananas should be super ripe.The riper the sweeter since we are not adding sugar here.
- Leftover cookies can be frozen; let them cool then wrap tight in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw or heat in microwave a few seconds before eating.
- Rolled oats can be used in place of quick outs.
- Check labels for gluten-free.
How To Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
- Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts.
- Place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.