Add some cottage cheese to your scrambled eggs for an easy high-protein breakfast. The results are fluffy eggs with over 17 grams of protein per serving!
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
Looking to get more protein in your breakfast without protein bars or shakes? Try these High-Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese. The eggs come out fluffy and delicious, and it only takes about five minutes to make. If you’re looking for other healthy scrambled egg recipes, try my Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs and Colombian Scrambled Eggs.
Like yogurt, I always have cottage cheese in my fridge since it’s such an easy source of protein. Sometimes I add it to my frittatas or waffles or make it the base of a breakfast bowl . Whisking cottage cheese into my scrambled eggs is almost too simple but definitely worth sharing. This is a great recipe for people who don’t like the taste of cottage cheese, but want to incorporate it into your meals because you can’t taste it.
Tips for perfect scrambled eggs
- Pan: Use a nonstick pan sprayed with oil to ensure that the eggs don’t stick.
- Cottage Cheese: Any brand of cottage cheese will work, but my favorite is Good Culture’s low-fat cottage cheese.
- Cooking: Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the eggs over for about one and a half to two minutes until they are just set.
How to serve
- Serve the eggs with whole grain toast and fresh berries.
- Wrap them in a tortilla to make breakfast tacos or burritos.
- Make breakfast sliders by putting the eggs in small potato buns. Add breakfast sausage or bacon for extra protein.
- Finish off your eggs with your favorite toppings for a breakfast bowl.
SCRAMBLED EGG WITH COTTAGE CHEESE VARIATIONS:
- Seasoning: Use different spices to change the flavors. For example, season with garlic and onion powders and dried basil and oregano for Italian or chili powder and cumin for Mexican.
- Veggies: Add spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers to the eggs.
- Recipe Size: Double the recipe if you’re serving more people or halve it if you only need one serving.
MORE COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Cottage Cheese Egg and Sausage Frittata
- High Protein Oat Waffles
- Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- High Protein Sandwich Bread
High Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, I like Good Culture
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, kosher salt and black pepper, to taste with a fork.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and spray with oil. When warm, pour the eggs in.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly scrape sections of eggs to the center of the pan as the bottom starts to set, creating soft folds for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total until just set.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
98 comments on “High-Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese”
I was skeptical about eggs with cottage cheese mixed in but wow. They were delicious and filling. I used fat free cottage cheese for 0 points. Amazing breakfast. I’ll add this recipe to my rotation.
I added egg whites, garlic and onion powder, enjoying the consistency and taste!
Loved this recipe, especially the addition of extra protein with the cottage cheese. Added sautéed mushrooms, green onion, spinach and a tablespoon of feta cheese.
delicious! hardly changes the texture or flavor of the eggs, but bulks the meal up well.
Hi – looks yummy! Can this be done w/ egg whites? or ½ egg white, ½ whole eggs?
I have been unable to eat eggs since I had covid. I can now eat them again cooking them this way! The cottage cheese adds a good flavor and takes away the bad taste. I’m so excited to be able to add eggs back to the list of things I can eat!!!
I added Hatch Green Chili’s to this to give it some additional flavor! Spot on! The only issue was it was so much that I couldn’t even finish it all. Great protein filled, low WW point breakfast.
Thank you for the idea!
Delicious! Unusual, but good. I’ll make my eggs this way from now on. Thanks.
Loved this idea. Will definitely make again!
So tasty! I used the Good Culture cottage cheese, as recommended. It’s truly the best!
Finally made this for breakfast this morning. It was awesomely tasty, I added mushrooms and baby spinach to the mixture.
Hello, these were delicious!! Do you know if there is a way to turn these into egg bites or egg muffins?
Have you tried this recipe? https://www.skinnytaste.com/egg-white-muffins/
These are truly DELICIOUS!! I have wanted to try them for awhile and finally did!!! Why did I wait!! I cooked mine longer so much of the liquid evaporated!!
Super easy & filling
So delicious! Great way to add more protein m. New go to breakfast!
I loved it and my kids loved it. I actually had the good culture lactose free cottage cheese in my fridge so it was a win win. Thanks for this simple yet delicious recipe!
Have you tried it with non-fat cottage cheese?