This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These chicken breasts are lightly brushed with Dijon mustard and herbs and breaded with panko and parmesan cheese. Then they are lightly pan fried until golden and finished in the oven.
Mustard Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
This mustard herb crusted chicken is a quick and easy weeknight chicken dish that I serve with a simple green salad on the side. This is also great with roasted parmesan green beans or roasted broccoli with smashed garlic on the side.
Even though I used chicken breasts for this recipe, you can also use chicken thighs, drums or fish like a flounder or sole and adjust cook time.
More Chicken Breast Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella
- Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Sesame Encrusted baked Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Herbed Buttermilk Roast Chicken Breast
Mustard & Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 piece
- 2 16 oz total boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs, I used thyme, oregano and basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp good quality Dijon mustard, I like Maille Dijon Originale
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- minced parsley for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise to create 2 cutlets.
- Place chicken breasts in between a sheet of plastic wrap and lightly pound chicken to even thickness (I like to do this to ensure the breast cooks evenly but it's not absolutely necessary).
- Season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper.
- Mix herbs, garlic and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Lightly brush each breast in the mustard-herb mixture, wiping off excess, then dredge each breast in the bread crumb-cheese mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place 2 chicken breasts in the pan and brown each side, carefully flipping with a spatula, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place breasts on a parchment lined sheet pan, repeat with remaining oil and chicken, then bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 piece, Calories: 220 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 27.5 g, Fat: 8.5 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 408 mg, Fiber: 1 g