This Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans dish is made all in one skillet which you can whip up in less than 30 minutes – weeknight dinner win!
This quick and easy chicken dish is cooked in a white wine sauce with green beans and bacon, all in one skillet. You can modify this basic recipe using any veggies you like, but I think it’s a perfect way to cook up green beans!
This is such a simple dish, perfect for clean eating. You can easily modify this for a Paleo or Whole30 diet by leaving the wine out or replacing it with more chicken broth.
- Swap the chicken breasts for chicken tenderloins or turkey cutlets
- Exchange the green beans for asparagus
- Swap the bacon for turkey bacon
How to Make One Skillet Chicken
More Green Bean Recipes
One Skillet Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans
- 4 strips center-cut bacon chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup crisp white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc (use broth for Whole30 or Paleo)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces French green beans
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, leaving a very thin coating in the pan.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper and add to the skillet. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the shallots to the now empty skillet and sauté 1 minute, scraping up brown bits. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Add the broth, wine and thyme and stir. Add the green beans, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the green beans are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and green beans to a serving platter. Season beans with 1/8 teaspoon salt and fresh pepper. Pour chicken juices into sauce with 1/8 teaspoon salt, stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the chicken and green beans and top with chopped bacon.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.