Pico de Gallo Salsa is a fresh and healthy salsa recipe made with fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lots of lime. Goes great with chips, grilled fish, chicken, burrito bowls, and more!
Pico de Gallo Salsa
This fresh, uncooked salsa has the perfect blend of acidity that adds heat and flavor to anything you’re making. You can adjust the heat and any ingredients to suit your taste. Because of these qualities, this salsa cruda is best topped on grilled fish or meats, on fish tacos, or served with chips. Some other salsas you may like Mango Avocado Salsa, Salsa Verde and Corn Salsa with Lime.
How To Make The Best Pico De Gallo
Making this from scratch is easy and SO much better than buying it pre-made. Trust me, if you read the comments you’ll see everyone agrees once you make it from scratch you’ll never buy jarred again!
Pico de gallo, also called salsa fresca or salsa cruda, is a type of raw salsa commonly used in Mexican cuisine. It is traditionally made from chopped tomato, onion, and jalapeno or serrano peppers, with salt, lime juice, and cilantro.
I love the fresh and bright flavors of Pico de gallo and it can be used in so many ways. Try it on grilled fish or steaks, serve it on tacos, great with eggs or simply serve it with chips.
I usually whip this up when I need a quick appetizer. I like it extra lime-y but you can adjust the flavors to your taste! Use jalapeno peppers to keep it mild, or for extra spicy salsa use serrano peppers instead. I love adding fresh garlic and a little bell pepper which are optional, but great if you want to add more flavor and zing.
How Long To Store
This will last refrigerated up to 5 days.
More Salsa Recipes:
- Shrimp Salsa
- Salsa Picante Roja (Spicy Red Salsa)
- Easy No-Cook Restaurant-Style Salsa
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Salsa Verde
Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1-2 jalapeño or serrano pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves no stems
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour for best results.