Pumpkin lovers will love this simple, low fat pumpkin butter recipe which is so versatile to use, and deliciously good for you. Your kitchen will be filled with pumpkin spice aromas while making this.
Just a few pairings to elevate your pumpkin butter experience are serving it on a slice of Pumpkin Banana Bread toast, Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, Hazelnut Pumpkin White Chocolate Biscotti, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Cookies, or eve using it for a Pumpkin Smoothie.
More ideas that come to mind with what you can do with pumpkin butter; serve it on toast or scones, add it to your latte for a pumpkin latte, make pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin cheesecake, add it to yogurt with granola for a pumpkin yogurt parfait… have I enticed you yet? I cooked a pumpkin in my crock pot and pureed it in the blender, but canned pumpkin would work just as good. I love using real cinnamon sticks for this, but ground cinnamon would work in place of them.
- 3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Adjust spices to your taste.
More Pumpkin Obsessed Recipes:
- Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats in a Jar
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Spiced Granola
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars
- Pumpkin Spiced Snickerdoodles
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Chocolate Glaze
- Pumpkin Sherbert
- Pumpkin Hazelnut Flaugnarde (Clafoutis or custard)
- Pumpkin Latte
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie
- No-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting