Pumpkin Ice Cream
If you live in a warm area, this frozen pumpkin sherbet treat will give you a little taste of fall. I also love making guiltless Banana Ice Cream using just frozen bananas and also Mexican “Unfried” ice cream!
It may be October, but we’ve been having some hot weather the past few days here in New York. I’m not quite ready to put my ice cream maker away just yet. By the way, the ice cream maker I use is a Cuisinart Ice cream Maker and it’s super easy to use. I recently tried the pumpkin ice cream from Trader Joe’s and it was so delightful and wanted to see if I could recreate it, without all the fat of course.
Now, if you don’t own an ice cream maker, you can still make this frozen treat in a food processor. Simply freeze the pumpkin mixture in an ice cube tray. Once frozen you then throw the cubes in the processor until smooth and creamy. It’s truly the ultimate Autumn guilt-free snack, breakfast or dessert!
More Pumpkin Desserts you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Pie Fruit Dip
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Butter
- 2 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, or canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of clove
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, pumpkin, and heat over medium heat.
- Bring to a full boil while whisking, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for thirty seconds.
- Remove from the heat, and add the vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove, and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold, about an hour.
- When chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.