Here’s a great way to make broccoli if you are tired of making it the same old way. Roasting broccoli with garlic creates a sweet, nutty delicious flavor and the aroma that wafts through your kitchen will make everyone asking when’s dinner ready. This is a simple, yet elegant side dish. I like it topped with shaved Parmesan but you can also add red pepper flakes or top it with fresh lemon juice.
Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets, cut long with part of stem
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a baking dish combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast broccoli about 20 minutes, until broccoli is browned and tender.