One Pan Roasted Potatoes Sausage and Peppers is one of my favorite, fuss-free sheet pan dinners. Perfect for weeknights and bonus points for easy cleanup!
Sheet Pan Potatoes, Sausage and Peppers
This is such a fuss-free way to roast sausage along with some potatoes, onions and peppers. Drizzle it with extra virgin olive oil, add some fresh rosemary and stick it in the oven. Don’t you love a meal that only dirties one pan!?
This easy one-dish meal makes clean-up a breeze, and the smell in your kitchen will make everyone hungry! If you want to make clean-up even easier you can line the sheet pan with foil.
Everyone in my house loves Italian sausage, so it’s a staple on our kitchen table whether we make sausage and peppers on the grill, toss them with pasta like this Spicy Whole Wheat Linguini with Sausage and Peppers or serve them like this, with potatoes and veggies, my favorite way to eat them!
Finding a great tasting chicken sausage alternative could be a challenge, I’m in love with Premio’s which I can find everywhere here in New York, but also this Al Fresco’s Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, is pretty great, both are 75% less fat that pork sausage. Of course, Italian turkey sausage or even Turkey Keilbasa would taste great here.
Tips For Success
The most important thing when making this dish is cutting everything about the same size so they cook even and don’t crowd the pan. The potatoes take the longest to cook, so if you cut them small it all evens out. The onions get a little charred which I love, if you want to avoid that you can add them later with the sausage.
- Swap the Italian sausage for Turkey Kielbasa.
- Try it with red potatoes, new potatoes or russet potatoes.
- Keep it low-carb and swap out the potatoes cauliflower or turnips.
- Add more veggies like zucchini, yellow squash or mushrooms.
More Sheet Pan Dinners You Will Love
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Herb Chicken and Veggies
- Balsamic Chicken with Vegetables
- Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner
- Sheet Pan Shrimp with Broccolini and Tomatoes
One Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Peppers
- 1.5 lb about 3 large potatoes, russet or new
- 1 medium onion peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 2 red bell peppers seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary fresh or dry
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray I use my Misto
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage each link into 6-7 slices **
- Cut the potatoes into small 1" x 1/2 inch pieces. These take the longest to cook so cutting them small ensures everything cooks evenly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray one large non-stick baking sheet, or two small ones with olive oil spray to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder. Mix well to be sure everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the center of the oven; bake for 15 minutes.
- Use a spoon to toss so nothing sticks or burns.
- Add the sausage to the baking sheet with the potatoes and vegetables and bake, tossing once or twice for 25-35 minutes, or until your potatoes are cooked through.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your potatoes and sausage, keep an eye so they don't burn.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.