Roasted Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles are a healthy pasta alternative that only takes about 10 minutes to roast in the oven.
Butternut Squash Noodles
Tommy is not a fan of zucchini noodles, but he loves butternut squash noodles. The best part is they only take about 10 minutes to cook and they don’t get soggy like zucchini, although they do tend to get soft and break if you cook them too long.
The top straighter part of the butternut is the only part that can be spiralized as the bottoms part with seeds is not solid and therefor it would not work. Save the bottom part for Roasted Butternut and Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Breakfast Burrito Bowls, or to add to these Vegetarian Butternut Enchiladas. For this recipe you’ll need one large butternut for two people. The top part that gets spiralized should be about 20 ounces once trimmed and peeled.
Butternut Squash Noodles Tips
- You will need a sturdy spiralizer to cut this into noodles, a cheap hand held spiralizer won’t work. I prefer to use the thickest noodle blade of my spiralizer, if you have the Inspiralizer, (affil link) it’s blade D.
- Roast them in a single layer, you will need two sheet pans.
- You can buy them pre-cut, or for meal prep cut them ahead and refrigerate in ziplock bags for up to 4 to 5 days.
How To Make Butternut Squash Noodles
More Butternut Squash recipes:
- Roasted Seasoned Winter Squash Medley
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Maple Soy Butternut and Brussels
- Roasted Butternut and Brussels
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
Roasted Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles
- 20 ounces from 1 large top portion of butternut squash, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with oil.
- Trim the top portion of the butternut that can be spiralized reserving the bottom for another recipe. Trim the top off and peel the skin off.
- Cut the butternut in 2 pieces so it’s easier to handle, then spiralize using the thickest noodle setting of your spiralizer. Cut into 6 inch lengths so it’s easy to eat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheets and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roast until soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.