Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic – 1 ww pt
This is an excellent side dish. Some people like to discard the stems because they are bitter. I like to include them, the bold flavor is softened with the spicy red pepper flakes, garlic and oil.
Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic
- 2 lbs broccoli rabe
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts heavily salted water to a boil.
- Wash broccoli rabe, cut off tough stems and remove any yellow leaves.
- Cut broccoli rabe into 2 inch pieces.
- Add to boiling water and cook into crisp-tender about 2 minutes.
- Drain. Set aside.
- Dry pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté until garlic turns light golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli rabe and toss well.
- Cook about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.