Shrimp, avocados and melted cheese, what a combination!
I was very impressed with the melting factor of Cabot’s 75% reduced fat cheddar. I will definitely be buying it again for other recipes. I shredded it in my mini food chopper. The reduced fat Pepper Jack cheese would be an amazing option as well.
Shrimp Quesadillas with Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 16 large shrimp cleaned and deviened
- garlic powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 scallions chopped
- 6 oz Cabot's 75% Light Vermont Cheddar shredded
- 8 6" low carb whole wheat flour tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory)
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa:
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 hass avocado diced
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion finely minced
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Lightly spray a hot skillet on medium heat with cooking spray, add shrimp and scallions. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked though.
- Remove from heat and cut shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add tortilla, top with 1.5 oz cheese, 8 shrimp halves, and tomato avocado salsa. When the cheese is melted and the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown, place the other tortilla on top.
- Put a plate on top of the quesadilla to flip it over onto the plate. Then slide the other side onto the skillet.
- Cook another minute and remove with a spatula.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.