Shrimp, avocados and melted cheese, what a combination!
I was very impressed with the melting factor of Cabot’s 75% reduced fat cheddar. I will definitely be buying it again for other recipes. I shredded it in my mini food chopper. The reduced fat Pepper Jack cheese would be an amazing option as well.
Shrimp Quesadillas with Tomato Avocado Salsa
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa:
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely minced
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Lightly spray a hot skillet on medium heat with cooking spray, add shrimp and scallions. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked though.
- Remove from heat and cut shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add tortilla, top with 1.5 oz cheese, 8 shrimp halves, and tomato avocado salsa. When the cheese is melted and the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown, place the other tortilla on top.
- Put a plate on top of the quesadilla to flip it over onto the plate. Then slide the other side onto the skillet.
- Cook another minute and remove with a spatula.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.