This low-carb Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza is the only way I can get my husband to eat spaghetti squash – it’s that delicious!
Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza
This Spaghetti Squash Crust is a grain-free alternative to traditional pizza and a great way to get more vegetables and fiber. Along with spaghetti squash, I used egg, mozzarella, and parmesan to bind everything together and seasoned it was garlic and oregano. This veggie crust is so tasty – it’s even good as a snack without the sauce and cheese on top. For more of my favorite pizza recipes, try my bagel dough Margherita Pizza or this easy Cast-Iron Thin Crust Pizza made with tortillas.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
The first thing you’ll need for this pizza crust recipe is cooked spaghetti squash. You can cook spaghetti squash in the oven or, if you’re pressed for time, in the microwave.
How do you cook spaghetti squash in a microwave?
To cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, pierce it all over with a knife and heat for five minutes. Then continue to cook in two-minute increments until the skin gives when pressed.
Once done, cut it open, remove the seeds, and scrape the squash out with a fork. Spaghetti squash has a lot of water, so you’ll need to squeeze all the water out with a clean cheesecloth or dishcloth.
How to Get Crispy Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
I tested this spaghetti squash crust recipe dozens of times to get it perfect! The thinner you make the crust, the crispier it will be. I also found that parchment paper helped get the crust crisper than a Silpat.
This recipe makes four 7-inch rounds, which makes them easier to handle. Before baking, spray the crusts lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Then carefully flip with a spatula and bake for about six minutes until crisp.
- Seasonings: Switch up the crust’s flavors by adding other dried herbs to the mix.
- Toppings: Add your favorite pizza toppings to this crust. It’d be great with some pepperoni or sausage and veggies, like bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes You’ll Love:
- Spaghetti Squash Sausage Lasagna Boats
- Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese
- Beef and Mushroom Ragu with Spaghetti Squash
- Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Spaghetti Squash with Meat Ragu
Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza
- 2 packed cups cooked spaghetti squash from a 2.2 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese not grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato-basil marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- To quickly cook the spaghetti squash pierce it all over with a knife and microwave 5 minutes. Then continue to cook in 2 minute increments until the skin gives when pressed.
- Cut it open, remove the seeds and scrape the squash out with a fork.
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash in a clean cheesecloth or dish cloth and squeeze all the water out REALLY well.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spaghetti squash with the egg, mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder.
- Make 4 7-inch rounds on the prepared pan patting down so they are very thin, the thinner the crisper they will be.
- Spray the crust lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes, until golden then carefully flip with a spatula. Bake 5 to 7 minutes more, until crisp.
Prepare the pizza:
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce on top of each baked crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza 3 to 4 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted.