Spicy Whole Wheat Linguini with Sausage and Roasted Peppers – A hearty, delicious pasta dish – ready in 30 minutes.
Whole Wheat Linguini with Sausage and Roasted Peppers
If only you could taste how good this dish is! But since you can’t, you’re going to have to take my word for it. It’s everything I love in a meal and it’s super quick to make. I love using spicy chicken sausage to give it a little kick, but if you want to make this mild for your family, simply swap it for sweet Italian.
I don’t know about you, but for years I tried to like whole wheat pasta and never found a brand that my family would eat. Then last year I discovered DeLallo organic whole wheat pasta and it changed my life. My Italian husband who is pretty picky about his pasta also loves it, and now it’s the only brand of whole wheat I will ever use. Their gluten-free pasta is also AMAZING so if you can’t eat gluten, you can easily swap it out.
A few weeks ago, a few bloggers including myself got a chance to visit the Delallo Italian Marketplace in Jeanette, PA which was established back in 1954 as a small market and has grown into a large marketplace complete with the largest antipasti bar I’ve ever seen!
The DeLallo family visits Italy and works closely with the BEST of the best which allows them to import the highest quality pasta, tomatoes, olive oil, etc. If you are ever in that area, you must stop and visit – I was in DeLallo heaven!! Luckily, many of their products can be found in supermarkets across the country and you can also order their products online.
How To Make
More Pasta Recipes:
- Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
- Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce, Spicy Sausage and Baby Spinach
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Spicy Whole Wheat Linguini with Sausage and Roasted Peppers
- 14 oz hot Italian chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 12 oz jar roasted peppers in water diced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 9 oz DeLallo whole wheat linguini or DeLallo gluten free
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Set aside.
- Add the oil, onions, roasted peppers, garlic and kosher salt and black pepper to the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and return the sausage to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce and Pecorino cheese, cooking and stirring about 2 minutes on low to marry the flavors.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve with more cheese on the side, if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. I only share products I use in my own kitchen. I created this recipe and received compensation to do