Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Feta is delicious, the perfect light dish. In Greece, Greek salads do not have lettuce, instead they are made with fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, red onion, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh feta – delicious! Rather than chopping my cucumbers, I spiralized them which is so much quicker and pretty too!
I had some fresh Feta leftover from my Lemon Feta Drumsticks, and I’ve been craving a good Greek Salad, but I wanted to make it without the lettuce and make cucumber the star of the show. This turned out better than I could have imagined! I used the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer with the chipper blade to quickly whip this up into beautiful spirals and the results were a salad that’s crunchy and bright, and not weighed down by a heavy dressing. This took me less than 10 minutes start to finish – win!
- If you don’t own a spiralizer you can just dice the cucumbers with knife and make it a chopped Greek salad instead.
- For the best flavor, I highly recommend using a decent quality Feta cheese, don’t use the fat-free stuff, it’s awful!
- If you are making this ahead for lunch for work, you can leave the lemon juice and olive oil out, and pack it on the side, then just add it when you’re ready to eat.
- For Mason Jar Salad, put the dressing on the bottom, then layer with diced cheese, onion, olives, peppers, tomatoes and top with the cucumbers. To serve, simply shake the jar and pour it onto a plate.
Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Feta
- 1/2 seedless English cucumber, about 7 ounces
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 oz fresh feta, sliced thick
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, minced
- Spiralize the cucumbers using the chipper blade on the Paderno spiralizer.
- Cut the strands into smaller pieces, about 5-6 inches long so it's easier to eat. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can just dice the cucumbers with a knife into small cubes.
- Place the cucumber in a large work bowl along with the bell pepper, tomatoes, olives and red onion.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over it, drizzle with half of the olive oil and toss with fresh oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place on a plate, top with a slice of feta and finish with remaining olive oil.