Beet noodles baked with tomatoes, red onion, olives and Feta. Serve this as an appetizer with some baked pita chips, as a side dish or even as a main dish, topped with grilled shrimp or chicken – this dish is a keeper!
I think most of you know I’m pretty obsessed with my spiralizer, (I LOVE my Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer) but my friend Ali is even more obsessed than me, if that’s even possible. So obsessed, she devoted her entire blog to this gadget and just came out with a cookbook that you will need to get your hands on! The book is called Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals. Tons of great spiralized ideas, everything from breakfast to dessert – the girl is a spiralizing genius!
I had a hard time deciding what to make first, but since I typically make spiralized zucchini and cucumber dishes with my spiralizer, so I chose a dish using beets instead. As a kid, I hated beets because I only tasted the pickled kind, that came in a jar. As an adult, I started enjoying them roasted in salads, and even discovered how delicious they are raw. Here, the beets are spiralized, tossed with vinegar, oil and herbs and roasted for 20 minutes. Once roasted, the beets are tender yet firm, exactly how I like my vegetables. If you’re unsure about beets, I know this dish will convert you!
The only changes I made to her recipe was using less cheese, I cut the block in half horizontally and it was still more than plenty.
Spiralized Mediterranean Beet and Feta Skillet Bake
- 1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved yellow red tomatoes
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley plus 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small beets peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 small onion peeled and spiralized
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 oz feta or halloumi cheese half block cut horizontally
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and parsley for garnish.
- Place the cheese in the center of a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Top and surround it with beet noodle mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, until the beet noodles wilt.
- Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.