Poached eggs, asparagus, kosher salt, fresh pepper and shaved Pecorino Romano. This simple egg dish is delicious for breakfast, lunch or brunch. You can serve this with whole grain toast on the side.
I grew up eating in my mother’s luncheonette and my favorite way she prepared my eggs were poached. This is a healthy option since no fat is added when cooking. The easiest way to make this is with an egg poacher, but you can easily make them without as I did here following these simple steps.
My mantra is cooking doesn’t have to be complicated, if you use quality ingredients, you will achieve great results. I prefer to cook with whatever fresh vegetables are in season and I keep my kitchen stocked with good olive oils, cheeses and spices.
Steamed Asparagus with Poached Eggs
- 2 bunches medium sized asparagus, tough ends removed (about 36 medium spears)
- 4 large eggs
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved
- Steam asparagus until tender-crisp, then run under cool water for a few seconds to stop the cooking.
- Drain and divide asparagus between four plates.
- Poach eggs in an egg poacher or following these steps for poaching eggs without one.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place each egg on top of each plate of asparagus.
- Top with freshly grated salt, pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano. Enjoy!!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.