Whew, the Holidays are almost behind us, I can finally exhale and slow down for the next few days and reflect about what a great year it has been for Skinnytaste and myself in 2011.
When I started this blog back in 2008, it was just a hobby that I really enjoyed. Never in my dreams would I have imagined what was to come.
In March of 2011, I left my full time job and career in the city which allowed me to give my 100% to Skinnytaste and spend more quality time with my baby. It was scary and exciting at the same time, but I wouldn ‘t change a thing!
And to my surprise, Skinnytaste even won some awards this year! I was so honored to win the SHAPE Magazine Best Healthy Eating Blogs 2011 and the Kitchn’s The Homies: Best Home Cooking Blog for 2011 . But of course, none of this would have happened without you, and for that I am humbly grateful.
So now it’s time to do my yearly round up of your favorite recipes for 2011. I asked all of you on facebook and twitter to share your favorite recipes from 2011, and I narrowed it down to these top 20, in no particular order… Thanks for all your feedback!! Hope you enjoy the recipes I have planned for 2012!!
Top 20 Skinny Recipes For 2011
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Pollo in Potacchio
- Crock Pot Sweet Barbacoa Pork
- Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms
- Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, Peppers and Escarole
- Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- Thai Green Curry Coconut Shrimp with Basil
- Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew)
- Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
- Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- Low Fat Peanut Butter Banana Muffins