Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
They are naturally gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and paleo, whole30 & dairy-free without the cheese or sour cream. I find the outer leaves of Iceberg lettuce makes the best wraps, they are crisp and pliable and the leaves are large enough to make decent size wraps. More lettuce wraps I love are BLT Lettuce Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps Tips
- Look for lettuce leaves that are large and sturdy such as iceberg, baby romaine or butter. You can also double up on the leaves.
- Add your favorite taco fixings such as shredded cheddar, light sour cream, chives, black olives, jalapeno, tomatoes or whatever you like on your tacos.
- The portions are generous, and if you’re kids want shells, you can easily bake a few for them and use the same filling.
- Making your own taco seasoning is a healthier alternative to buying packaged taco seasoning, and uses less sodium, no sugar, no preservatives and no MSG. It also saves you money if you are on a budget. If you prefer to use the package seasoning, simply replace it with the spices listed here.
More Lettuce Wrap Recipes:
- Turkey Santa Fe lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
- Tuna Lettuce Wrap with Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Tacos
- Chicken and Shrimp Larb
- Steak Lettuce Taco Wrap
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
- optional 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar (omit for Whole 30)
- Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf and top with your favorite taco fixings!