Potato skins for breakfast? Why not! Potato skins stuffed with scrambled eggs, ham, pepper, onion and topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese, it’s a perfect breakfast combination.
Western Omelet Breakfast Potato Skins
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- olive oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp fat free milk or water
- 2 thin slices lean ham chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- 4 tbsp cheddar cheese
- Pierce potato with a fork a few times all around.
- Place in microwave and cook about 5 minutes per potato.
- When finished, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally.
- Scoop out potatoes leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall. (Skins weigh 2.5 oz after scooped)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, pepper and ham and mix well.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and cook the eggs, mixing often.
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Fill with eggs and top each one with 1 tbsp cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.